Department of Defense Cyber Scholarship Program
Information Session: January 18, 2019 at 4:00 PM in University Hall 131 & January 22, 2019 at 11:30 AM in Georgia Cyber Center 2301
The Department of Defense’s (DoD) Cyber Scholarship Program (CySP) is accepting application now until January 31, 2019 for Augusta University (AU) students enrolled in the 3rd or 4th year of undergraduate education, rising second-year Augusta Technical College students who will be transitioning into a bachelor’s degree at AU, and current or prospective students in AU master’s degree. The purpose of the program is to increase the number of qualified students entering the fields of information assurance, information technology, and cybersecurity to meet the DoD’s increasing dependence on cybersecurity for war fighting and the security of its information infrastructure.
To be eligible:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must be a citizen of the United States at the time of application. Note, if family members are not U.S. Citizens, some DoD Agencies may be unable to process the applicant (student) to the security clearance level required. Every effort will be made to assign eligible students at an Agency without such restrictions.
- You must be enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) in one of the identified CAE colleges or universities listed in this announcement, or enrolled (or accepted for enrollment) at an institution selected by a CAE as a collaborative partner for these purposes.
- You must have completed (or by August 2019 will have completed) at a minimum the first two years of an undergraduate degree program and be eligible to (a) begin either the third or fourth year of an undergraduate degree program in cybersecurity; or (b) begin the first or second year of a Master’s degree program in Information Security Management. You must be pursuing a course of study and/or have a declared major in one of the scientific, technical, or managerial disciplines related to cybersecurity or with a concentration in cybersecurity.
- Undergraduate students must be registered and maintain a full-time course-load.
- All books*, tuition, and fees are paid by the scholarship
- Internship requirements provide hands on experience
- Stipend for undergraduates: $25,000
- Stipend for graduate students $30,000
- Disabled student may receive additional allowances. There are no allowances for dependents.
Please thoroughly read and review the Application Background and Requirements (Attachment C). For additional information regarding the DoD CySP, please contact Markus Bacha at firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject line: DoD CySP, or by calling 706.729.2372.
Please submit the following documents to email@example.com, Subject line: CySP Application 2019-20
***Submit all application materials by COB, Thursday January 31, 2019***
- OF612 Supplemental Competency Statement (Attachment D) and Resume
- 1 letter of reference from a faculty member whose course you completed in Fall 2018
- 1 letter of reference from a current or former faculty member or supervisor
- Official (certified) transcripts from all institutions of higher learning
Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis. Re-applications in 2020, pending funding, to complete a degree are encouraged.